Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Long Overdue Picture Hanging

Some of you may or may not remember this little post from 2 years ago in which I made a couple old windows into picture frames.



I have a confession to make, I have never hung these on a wall nor have I done anything with them since I made them! And it's not like I don't like them, in fact I still love them and they are still one of my most favorite projects ever! No, the reason I've never hung them etc is two fold; #1. Just a short time after I made these, we found out our house was sold and then we were moving. #2. Since we lived in a travel trailer for that summer  the frames were in storage and then when we rented our next place I didn't want to hang them and wreck the walls or something (these windows are quite heavy!) So, yesterday, I did this...


I finally hung them up in our master bedroom! I quite like them flanking our bed in there. I also hung a few more pictures to the far right (although now that I'm seeing them in the picture I think they're a bit too high. On the other side, I hung that wooden shelf (my hubby made that many years ago) and decided it was the perfect spot to hang my scarves.


One of these days I'd like to get/make some new window coverings and maybe a different paint color on the walls, but probably not for awhile since my focus will be changing soon from inside to outside areas.

See that little campfire thingy in the picture below? Gabe made that and decided to give it to his dad for his birthday, isn't it sweet?


Lots of things I want to do/fix/buy/make etc but I'm trying to not to get overwhelmed again. Although I think with everything we've got going on this spring there might be a good chance of that. Hopefully reading about "highly effective people" might help ME be more effective ;)

As always, any questions,comments, advice, let me know in the comments below :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...