Monday, February 4, 2013

A little organization goes a long way...


towards saving my sanity!

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I have to say I was quite flabbergasted at the amount of people who popped in to check out my little piece of blog land here (Hello and welcome to any and all new readers who decided to come back today :). On Friday I had linked up to the Young House Love blog for their thrift shop challenge and after a couple hours, I was curious to see if anyone had peeked in. Well imagine my shock and amazement that I had over 300 new page views (I normally get about 20 a day!) So thank you again for your interest!

OK, back to saving my (and my husband's!) sanity. For the last week or so, I had kind of let go of doing a lot of housework while I got our master bedroom painted (more on that later this week!) but I have to say, this was the worst corner,


YIKES! That was the disaster in the corner of our dining room. Now, I have to say, I love this little cupboard and it is in the perfect spot for keeping all our kids craft supplies and puzzles and table toys organized, but as you can see, that just wasn't happening.




So, I turned to my organizing gurus for some inspiration (that would be Erin at The Sunny Side Up blog and Jenn at I heart Organizing) and to my surprise and happiness I saw this at Sunny Side Up,


                                                          {source}
Hello inspiration! That cupboard is almost exactly like mine! And after only about an hour searching the house for supplies and then organizing it all, that disaster turned into this,


Is that not better or what?!?! Oh my goodness does it feel good to get organized. So here's the lowdown, on the top shelf we have three bins, one each for pencil crayons, wax crayons and felt markers. This cupboard is quite deep so behind the three bins there is room for all the kids' beading stuff.
     On the second shelf we have from left to right, some stacking office trays (which I got from a thrift shop for 25 cents each!) on each tray there is plain white paper, lined plain paper, stencils and coloring books. On the top of that, is a zebra striped pencil case which holds plain pencils,pens, erasers and  pencil sharpeners for doing homework.
    To the right there are a couple stacking bins, the one on top has stamping supplies and the bottom holds notepads, blank cards and envelopes. Behind all that stuff is our glue, stickers, painting stash of supplies (all the messier stuff we don't use quite as often). Then, on the bottom shelf, are puzzles, Gabe's tabletop sandbox (which sounds messier than it is!) and the playdough.


Not bad for an hours work and $1 (the office stacking trays were $0.25 each and I had all the other bins around the house)
Thank you to Erin at Sunny Side Up for your inspiration!

Now it's your turn to share. Any little organizing projects going on around your place or maybe some big projects? Do share :)
Have a great week! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...