Monday, March 28, 2011

Before Pictures of our Kitchen

I mentioned a little while ago that we are do a mini kitchen reno, so I thought I would post the "before" pictures. We live in a log house built in the late 70's early 80's and I don't think anything has been updated since then. Our plan is to paint the walls (all the green in the pictures) and the cupboards, get new counter tops (the original is a really nasty white lino that is so stained and cracked and coming apart) and new hardware for the cupboards, all on a really limited budget.

This is also on my list for Operation DD as I'm cleaning and organizing as I go:)

So without further ado here is the old kitchen ( looking very messy and disorganized because that's the way "before" pictures are supposed to look right?)



I don't mind the colour green but this was just too "minty" for me and dark and gloomy as well.


Hmmm looks like we just finished breakfast :) See what I mean about dark and gloomy? And there is even a huge french door just to the right in the picture (not shown)! But alas, this room is in the northern corner so doesn't see much sunshine except for early in the morning in summer.



Sorry for the white glare out the windows, we still have quite a bit of snow :)


The ugly hardware everywhere. Yuck could we be more ugly 70's.

And the gross counter top. This edge always catches on sweaters and nice shirts, ruining them, so I have no problem saying buh-bye.

So how about you? Any mini renos this spring? Or are you sticking to a good old fashioned spring cleaning?
Have a good day!

Update: you can check out some "after" pictures  HERE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...