Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oat Delights (aka Bear plop cookies :)


Charlotte, this is for you! That's my sister for those of you who don't know. I thought it was time to share another favorite recipe of ours. My sister and I have made these together quite a few times and can't help but giggle when we put them on the pan as they always look like bear poop (hence the name) Anyways, I like making them for a few reasons, #1 They are easy, #2 You don't need eggs or flour, #3 You don't need the oven as they aren't baked #4 the kids like them! #5 They're so chocolatey! So without further ado, here's the recipe,

Oat Delights

2 cups sugar
6 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup butter/margarine
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded coconut
3 cups rolled oats

Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk in saucepan, bring to a boil. Boil for about two minutes, stirring constantly. Add vanilla. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and oats. Drop by teaspoonfuls (or tablespoons like I usually do) onto wax paper lined cookie pan; chill. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen

Enjoy!
Can't believe it's already February, can you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...