Thursday, November 8, 2012

Banana chocolate chip cookies (or Erin's cookies)


Hi! Today I'm sharing with you one of our absolute favorite cookie recipes. I got this recipe a few years ago from my wonderful friend Erin and I just have to share it with you because these cookies are sooooo yummy and soooooo easy! :)  They may not look all pretty and all but they taste like little cakes, nice and soft and sweet. So here we go!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 cup butter or margarine ( I always use real butter in my cookies, tastes so much better)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup mashed banana (about 3, I almost always make these with frozen bananas and I just throw them in when they defrost without mashing)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together with a mixer and spoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Best stored in fridge. Freeze well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...